What would we do without rain? The special children in your life will love this gentle story. Little Kicker’s delightful animal friends help him go from fear to delight. Teaching tools and fun activities add to the enjoyment of Little Kicker’s First Rainstorm.
- Paperback: 40 pages
- Publisher: Kimble Creek Press (April 25, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0984395636
- ISBN-13: 978-0984395637
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 8.5 x 0.1 inches
Sandy Sprott loves the Lord Jesus Christ first, her family second and then serving her Lord. She and husband Sam teach a fantastic group of second and third grade Sunday school kids. Sandy loves the art of storytelling, and has delighted adult and child audiences for years with her animated and dramatic teaching style.
Sandy is the author and illustrator of the Little Kicker read aloud picture books, and she is a speaker with a heart for children’s ministry. She and her husband enjoy supporting families by uplifting the value of children. Their Little Kicker books do just that. The first book of the series is A Prayer For Little Kicker.
Our Mission here
Everything You Wanted to Know about Sandy
- Favorite Colors? Red, blue and yellow.
- Favorite Food? Black walnut ice cream with Hershey’s Whoppers chocolate malt syrup.
- Favorite TV Show? Mystery.
- Favorite Hobby? Painting with watercolors, swimming, fishing and kayaking.
- Favorite Movie? Pride & Prejudice, Second Hand Lions and The Sound of Music.
- Favorite Music Group? No particular group.
- Favorite Songs? Amazing Grace, L.O.V.E., Battle Hymn of the Republic and the Star Spangled Banner.
- Favorite Sports Team? Arkansas Razorbacks.
- Favorite Place To Visit? The Ozark Mountains, New Zealand, England and Bermuda.
- Favorite Vacation Spot? Anywhere with her husband.
- Favorite Drink? Mango juice by Naked.
- What Kind Of Car Does She Drive? 2008 Prius, 2002 Chrysler Town & Country and 1928 Ford Tudor.
- Dream Car? She is contented with what she has.
- Sports Sandy Plays? Walking, swimming, kayaking and flying single engine aircraft, though she would have to renew her pilot’s license.
- Is Sandy Married And Does She Have Any Kids? Marvelous husband of 47 years and two awesome children, Becky & Tony.
- What Would Be Sandy’s Ultimate Day Off? Warm secluded beach with her hubby and a good book or on a mountain top.
- What Video Game Could Sandy Whip Any Teenager At? No video games, but she does like difficult Sudoku puzzles.
- What Is The Craziest Thing Sandy Has Ever Done? While standing in line to view Stalin’s body in his crystal coffin in Red Square in 1991, she made a statement that Stalin should have a proper burial. (An armed guard nearby followed her step by step for the remainder of her time at that location.)
- Sandy’s Most Embarrassing Moment? When in the third grade, the bottom of her skirt caught on the top of the slide. As she descended the slide, her skirt ripped all the way down and left her with a waistband and only three inches of skirt. The boys came like magnets. She wore her friend’s long coat the rest of the day.
A Christ Centered Read-Aloud Little Kicker Book
Little Kicker had never seen rain much less experience a rainstorm.
He noticed the dark clouds and heard a great BOOM then came the raindrops. He was so frightened that he ran and kicked up his front legs then his back legs trying to get the rain away from him but the rain and the loud BOOMS would not go away.
Little Kicker's mother came to his side then his father rushed to his side also. His father told him he needed to pray whenever he felt frightened. His parents explained why God gave them rain. Then they prayed together for God to take away Little Kicker's fear.
Little Kicker watched his friends reaction to the rain. They all seemed to be enjoying the rain in one way or another.
Can you think of ways rain is a blessing to us? God has given us the gift rain! Have you ever played in the rain or after a rainstorm?
The author touches on a common child's fear and how prayer can release us from fear. She also emphasizes many ways God 's creatures can rejoice in his gift of rain.
There are many fun facts and activities all through the book and they are colorfully illustrated by the author to attract the child attention into interacting with Little Kicker and his friends. Parents will even enjoy reading and joining the child in all the activities in this darling book, Little Kicker's First Rainstorm.
I highly recommend this book!
I rated this book a 5 out of 5.
I received a free copy of this book from the Author for review. I was in no way compensated for this review. It is my own opinion.