Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Maddie's World (Three Lost Kids, #3) written by Kimberly Kinrade, illustrated by Josh Evans



About Book

When a girl at school starts bullying Madelynne, she decides she doesn’t want to go to school anymore. Too scared to stand up to the bully or tell the teacher, Madelynne confides in the only one who will understand, her best four-legged friend TayTay.

After an especially bad day, Madelynne hides in her room and refuses to play with anyone. In an effort to cheer her up, her sisters accidently discover the portal to Maddie World, sweeping them all into an epic adventure!

But Maddie World is suffering from some bullying of its own. The Lava Fairies and Bubble Fairies are at war, and now even once nice Fairies have been mean bullies, locking the Three Lost Kids up in the dungeon.

Madelynne and TayTay escape, but can’t free the other two until the retrieve a precious necklace that once belonged to the Bubble Fairies.


To save her sisters and make peace between the two Fairy factions, Madelynne must first face her own fears and learn to stand up for herself even when she’s scared, but without becoming a bully herself.

Where to buy:  AmazonSmashwords


About Kimberly


I was born with ink in my veins and magic in my heart. As a child, where others saw shapes in clouds, I saw words. But I was also an entrepreneur at heart. So when my business arrangement with the Tooth Fairy ended, I went pro by writing my fantastical stories and selling them to all my neighbors.

Fast forward…um…many years and many college degrees later…and I am now a published author and reformed journalist.

Though I have written in many genres and fields, I am most passionate about the world of the paranormal and fantasy. Look for these exciting young adult paranormal novels from Evolved .

Check it out at http://ThreeLostKids.com

Kimberly's website http://kimberlykinrade.com/


My Thoughts

Maddie learns a great lesson in Maddie's World.

Maddie had lost so much confidence in herself after being bullied by a girl at school that when she came home from school she just wanted to hide in her room.  Her sisters Lexie and Bella tried to cheer her up by bringing in a large cardboard box in her room to play with.  As they enter the box they found themselves in Maddie's World in the middle of a Fairy war.  Maddie was so frightened but knew she should try and protect her sisters.

They were captured by the fairies and sent to a dungeon by the Fairy Queen. The fairies had turned into bullies this was not how Maddie had seen her world.   But this was Maddie's World so there must be some quest she is required to preform in order to stop the Fairy war.

What could Maddie's do?  She was not brave like her sisters had been in their worlds.  Would they be able escape from the dungeon?    Would the fairies every stop fighting and bulling each other?  

Not only does Maddie learn to have confidence in herself she also becomes a hero to Maddie's World and is awarded for her bravery.  Sometimes we let fear take over in situations.  But like the old saying goes.  "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."  Yes we must be cautious with bullies. A little kindness can sometimes be helpful.  If not, then it is time to talk to your parents or your teacher about the bully.

The author continues to teach our children valuable lesson in the stories she writes.  The illustrations again works well with the author's story and makes it explode off the pages to stir the imagination of the child.

I not only recommend this book but the whole series.

I rated this book a 5 out of 5.

Disclosure:
I received a copy of this book from the author/Evolved Publishing for review.  I was in no way compensated for this review.   It is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love comments so please leave me some interesting tidbits.