Friday, July 6, 2012

My Cowboy Boots written by Crystal Bowman, illustrated by Meredith Johnson

My Cowboy Boots 
written by Crystal Bowman
illustrated by Meredith Johnson


Crystal Bowman’s use of fun rhymes in My Cowboy Boots gives level-one readers ideas for an “I’m bored” day. In this delightfully illustrated softcover book, a little girl and her red cowboy boots do all sorts of things together. Things that make her feet “very happy.”


My Review


This is such a cute rhyming story about a little girl that finds so much happiness with her new red cowboy boots.  She talks about them as if they were friends that she shared her daily life  with.  


I liked the illustrations they made this little girl come alive.  The colors are so vibrant they will  give you a happy heart.  Images of the little girl  reminds me of a little cherub angel.


We should all let our children  be free to find themselves even if you do not think the shoe fits them.  In this case if the cowboy boots fit wear em.  God has made each child in his image and they are original copies and are to be treasured.


If I had time to dig the picture out I would show you a picture of my second daughter and wearing her red cowboy boots.  She wore with her Houston Oilers western outfit. I think it was in 1979 or 1980.  She loved those boots. I have to admit I chose this book because the cover reminded me of her.  


After I read the book I knew I wanted to write more than just a review.  I had to let you know about this author.  She has some majorly impressive books for children. On her website there is a longer bio you must read.  I would have added more of her books below but I just didn't have enough time to to post all of them.  I sure wanted to though.


I highly recommend this book!


I rated this book a 5 out of 5.


Disclosure
I purchased this book for my personal reading pleasure and was in no way compensated for this review.  It is my own opinion.


About Crystal

Crystal Bowman is a best selling author of more than 60 books for kids as well as 3 books for women. She also writes magazine articles and lyrics for children's piano music. She wrote her first poem when she was in the 4th grade. Her teacher told her she would be a poet someday. Her first book of poetry, CRACKS IN THE SIDEWALK, was published in 1993. It has been republished several times and is still in print. She also speaks at schools, churches, and writers' conferences. 


For more information on Crystal, you can visit her website at www.crystalbowman.com


Below some of her books.  They can be found on Amazon along with many more of her books.




There are many more to check out on 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love comments so please leave me some interesting tidbits.