Sunday, August 21, 2011

Review - GRANDMOTHER'S BIBLE



Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 4626 KB
Print Length: 1856 pages
Publisher: Zondervan (May 18, 2010)
Sold by: HarperCollins Publishing
Language: English
ASIN: B003KN3JHK

Summary:
For many women, being a grandmother is God's finest gift---they have achieved great depth of experience and breadth of love, and they have grandchildren with whom to share these qualities. The Grandmother's Bible is the first Bible published for this active, engaged, Bible-reading audience. Over 60 well-known Christian women---including Ruth Graham, Elisa Morgan, Elizabeth George, Thelma Wells, Karen Kingsbury, and Carol Cymbala---share their thoughts, stories, and encouragement in this Bible's articles and daily devotionals. With a focus on daily prayer, this uniquely personal Bible offers guidance, inspiration, and practical tools as grandmothers share their love and God's Word with their grandchildren.

Features:
*365 devotions -- readings draw grandmothers closer to their Lord and to their grandchildren* Grandchild in Focus -- a simple plan to help grandmothers pray regularly for their grandchildren* Praying the Scriptures for Your Grandchild -- Bible verses in a prayer format* Stories to Share -- over 150 key Bible stories ideal for sharing specific life lessons* Talking Points -- a practical guide for using Scripture to discuss over 40 relevant topics, such as salvation, knowing God's will, friendship, etc.* Perspectives -- original, thought-provoking articles addressing personal aspirations and the joys and challenges of being a grandmother* Special sleeve to hold grandchild's photo* Custom presentation pages* Two-color design in an easy-to-read type* Book introductions, topical index, and more* Complete New International Version(less)

My Thoughts:
I was very excited when I saw the title on this Bible.  I am the grandmother of fourteen precious grandchildren.  I need all the help I can get to keep up with all of them.  I feel as if my prayers have brought several of them to the Lord.  I have been able to draw from this Bible and let it inspire me to be a good example for my grandchildren.  There are daily devotional that I have already enjoy and put to work in my life.  The list of all the features are many. It is not lacking in any way as far as a Bible goes. I will use the generic word amazing for this Bible.  Thank you for such a beautiful Bilbe for grandmothers.  

I highly recommend this Bible to all grandmothers.
Note: You can not review the actual contents of a Bible.

Posted Review on:
http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9429022-the-grandmother-s-bible
Amazon Kindle Review

Disclosure:  I recieved a free copy of this Bible from NetGalley for review. This review is my honest opinion of the features of this Bible.

Disclosure: If you purchase using this link to Amazon I receive a small percentage from the sale of the item.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love comments so please leave me some interesting tidbits.