Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My Name is ERIN One Girl's Journey to Discover Truth, My Name is ERIN series written by ERIN DAVIS

Just for tweens!
Erin Davis is passionate about bringing the Truth about God to young women. In this quirky, colorfully illustrated, keenly interactive four-book set, young women from ages 10-14 will glean biblical answers about four basic tenants of Christian Living: Mission, Faith, Truth, and Self-Discovery.
Check out all Four!

My Name is Erin: 
One Girl's Journey to Discover Truth

Is truth real? How do you define truth? What happens when your definition of truth is not the same as your best friend? Or your parents? Whose truth becomes the real truth?

See a problem?

The culture says truth can change. God's Word says Truth is solid.

In My Name is Erin: One Girls Journey to Discover Truth you will be guided by Erin to learn

·         Truth is not defined by your circumstances, your heart, or your mind

·         Truth can be discovered - not created

·         How to protect yourself and your friends with Truth

·         Lies that masquerade as Truth

·         How to make invisible spy ink

  • ISBN-13: 9780802406422
  • Publisher: Moody Publishers
  • Publication date: 7/28/2013
  • Pages: 79

Part of a four-book series -

My Name is Erin: One Girl's Journey to Discover Who She Is

My Name is Erin: One Girl's Mission to Make a Difference

My Name is Erin: One Girl's Plan for Radical Faith

P.S.You can read them in any order - because you are a girl discovering Truth.

Meet the Author:
A popular speaker, author and blogger, ERIN DAVIS has addressed women of all ages nationwide and is passionately committed to sharing God's Truth with others. She is the author of several books including Graffiti: Learning to See the Art in Ourselves, True Princess: Embracing Humility in an All About Me World, The Bare Facts with Josh McDowell, Beyond Bath Time: Embracing Motherhood As a Sacred Role. Erin's quest for the perfect scoop of ice cream is never ending and her family is her constant source of entertainment. 

My Thoughts

John 14:6 "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

You actually have to know God's Truth to be tied to it. Study the bible "gird yourself" with God's Truth.

The author asks, "What is the opposite of Truth?".  Her answer is: The simplest way to define something that isn't true is to call it a lie. 

In chapter 3 we meet Lie's ugly cousins Bent Truth, Relative Truth, and Partial Truth.

Chapter 5: How can you stand by Truth? Erin writes about the different types of Truth and untruth.  She points out the way to the Truth (God) is through Jesus and the way to untruth leads to the Satan.  

Erin introduced some girls she calls the Gab Gallery. They entertained me with their past experiences and opinions of Truths and of Lies. 

I am looking forward  to the next book in this series.  Stay tuned to my blog for my next book I review in this series.


I highly recommend this book.


I rated this book a 5 out of 5.


Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Moody Publishers/MP Newsroom for review.  I was in no way compensated for this review.  This review is my honest opinion.


2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the blog hop. This sounds like a good devotional series for young girls. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting series! thanks for sharing on Kidlit Bloghop!

    ReplyDelete

I really love comments so please leave me some interesting tidbits.