Sunday, February 3, 2013

New ~ Zombie-Kids Go Green by Julia Dweck, illustrated by Mark Draisey

ZOMBIE-KIDS GO GREEN IS NOW ON AMAZON!!!!!
FREE  FEBRUARY 6TH, 2013 ON AMAZON
If you think you are are brave enough for ZOMBIE-KIDS GO GREEN it is has arrived on Amazon today. Be sure to sneak on over to Amazon and pick up a copy!!http://ow.ly/hni4e 

This sequel to Zombie-Kids is filled with fun, laughter, green living, and fabulous illustrations by Zombie-Kids illustrator, Mark Draisey cartoons. Published by Kite Readers. Let me know what you think. I love hearing from you.


Author Zombie Julia Dweck 

Julia writes children’s stories for digital and traditional publication. Her stories span the spectrum of humor, fantasy, and edutainment in rhyme and in prose. Julia’s background in elementary education affords her the opportunity to be in touch with what children want to read about and what makes them giggle. Julia collaborates with some of the leading artists in the world of children’s literature. Julia is also a designer of educational adjuncts for children’s literature, and has worked with such notable publishing houses.


ZOMBIE-KIDS ARE BACK AND THEY’RE GREENER THAN EVER! 

Fans of the original bestselling book, Zombie-Kids, will be delighted to greet their return in Julia Dweck’s newest fun-filled adventure, Zombie-Kids Go Green. This merry band of recycled friends will teach us all a thing or two about caring for our most important resource, planet earth. Of course, Zombie-Kids do everything in the zaniest, funniest, and most outrageous ways imaginable. There’s lot of belly laughs for everyone. 

Hold onto your recyclables—Zombie Kids are back!




My Thoughts

Zombies kids come out at night to take care of things we had left undone. They will swept the streets, work in the garden and wash dirty dishes all this they do while we are sleeping.  We waste electricity and don't recycle like we should so they sneak in among us at night while we are sleeping to keep our planet earth clean and green.  

So take some responsibility for your planet earth and go green or it will go to the zombie kids because we are not caring for this most precious gift planet earth.

I found so much more in this children's book than a fun story about zombies kids. Author Zombie Julia writes a story that will teach the child how to recycle while reading a hilarious fun story.  It is endless with energy saving ideas.  It is a rhyming tale that reminded me of the the song The Monster Mash.  Just try switching the words from the monster mash to this story and BAM!!  It fits.  

The illustrations were of grotesque zombie kids some with missing body parts, nasty worm filled trash and some nasty smelly zombie kids passing gas.  Illustrator Zombie Mark took the author's story and  probably created more than the author even could have hoped for in the illustrations.  I was amazed a very talented artist indeed.   I was unable to find a his zombie image of the illustrator Zombie Mark to share with you.

I highly recommend this book.

I rated this book a 5+ out of 5.

Disclosure:  I was received a free ebook of this book from the author for review.  I was not compensated in any way for this review.  This is my honest opinion. 


6 comments:

  1. Great review - we can't wait to read this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia so glad you could link in to the hop. I absolutely loved this one too and that reminds me I must go and get Zombie Kids for my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the zombies! Such a hit with kids now. Looks like a great book! Found your site via the Hop, and I'm now following. I hope you'll visit my site as well (http://teachwithpicturebooks.blogspot.com) and consider following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the illustrations. Really dynamic and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by as part of the Kid Lit Blog Hop. What fabulous illustrations - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids adore zombies! Thanks for showing this because I know they'll like this one. (stopping in from the Kid Lit hop)

    ReplyDelete

I really love comments so please leave me some interesting tidbits.