Tuesday, September 8, 2015

New Release! Olivia, On the Brink, Olivia Series Book 1 by Tessa Palmeri


About Book

File Size: 2673 KB/ 303 pages
Publisher: BGW Publishing
Publication Date: August 30, 2015
Language: English
ASIN: B014Q4Y4A


A life-changing moment: 

"Has something ever taken you by such surprise that you felt like time stood still, and the universe held you in sweet suspense so you could savor the moment and remember the feeling for the rest of your life? That's how I felt right then." 

It's 1991 in the small town of Leeville, Texas. High school graduation is finally within sight for Olivia Miller. Her friends know exactly what they're good at and what they want to do next, but Olivia's not so sure of herself. She's a shoe-in for the senior award "Most Likely to Never Figure Out What They Want To Do With Their Life". 

Cameron is the hot new guy at school, and he's a fabulous distraction for Olivia as she stresses over what she should do with her life after high school. 

"His smile made my heart flutter, and for a moment I couldn't think of what to say or do. He had adorable dimples, and his teeth were straight and white behind full, kissable lips." 

She's college-bound, that's non-negotiable, but she's clueless about the where, how, and what of it all. She's dealing with a critical and controlling father with high expectations. Can she trust him to pay for college if he doesn't approve of her choice of major? Most of all, she just wants to get away from home! 

With Cameron's help and some guidance from others, she starts to break free of her need to please her dad. She's determined to be her own person and make her own choices, but can she ever get her dad and his judgmental comments out of her head? 

NOTE TO READERS: This is a Mature Young Adult / NEW ADULT novel. It is written in first person POV and set in 1991. While there is no graphic sex or explicit language, it has descriptive romance and other content that would be considered PG-13 (if it were a movie) or TV-14 (if it were a TV show). 

This is the first book in a series intended to be read in the following order: Olivia, On the Brink (Olivia Series, Book 1) Olivia, Finding Her Way (Olivia Series, Book 2) Coming Very Soon! Olivia, All In (Olivia Series, Book 3) Coming in 2016 Olivia, Altogether (Olivia Series, Book 3) Coming in 2016 

And ... stay tuned for a series spinoff about Olivia's sister Emma!





Who is Author Tessa Palmeri?

Wife ... Mother ... Writer

I live in Texas with my fabulous husband and kids, and I have a BA in Sociology. I wear lots of 
different hats in my everyday life - juggling family, work, and other various responsibilities. 
In my spare time, I love to read, and when I'm not reading, I'm writing!

What do I write?

I write fiction novel series - of the (mature) Young Adult / New Adult romance variety. But it's not all romance! There are interwoven themes of "coming of age", child/parent and family struggles, teen angst, and finding and practicing faith.

The teen years and early twenties are a tough time of figuring out who you are, what you stand for, where you want to go in life, etc. I write about characters finding their way through that critical time in their lives. Sometimes it's not pretty. Sometimes other people in their lives are helpful, but sometimes they're not, and a person has to figure out how to deal with that.

To tell a relatable story ...

I'm especially interested in how the family, as a social institution, shapes and affects the attitudes, motivations, and goals of young people. I enjoy portraying complicated family dynamics and the catalysts that launch teenagers into adulthood. 


My hope is that readers, of all ages, will be encouraged and inspired by the main characters in my novels as they learn to define relationship boundaries and triumph over obstacles and limitations.
You can find me on my website: http://www.tessapalmeri.com/  



My Thoughts

In this amazing story a young woman, Olivia has learned many coping skills. These skills were from having to live in a dysfunctional family life. She learned early in her life that her family was unlike other families.  Then she herself made some bad choices that forced her to rethink the path she was was on. Thanks to her mentor, whom was also her boss, she was headed on a path to a bright future with God leading the way. 

Senior year holds many worries for most students. Sometimes their path may not always meet with their parent's wishes for their children.

So much of this story stirred my heart for Olivia.  Makes me feel very nostalgic.  The author put so much emotion in the telling of "Olivia, On The Brink".  So be ready for an explosion of feeling!  Very inspirational with quotes from the bible.  I am sure most of us can remember our first steps, so to speak, into adulthood. 

Let me say the cover image drew me in right away.  

I highly recommend this book.

I rated this book a 5 out of 5.

Disclosure: I purchased a copy of this book for my reading pleasure.  It came highly recommended to me by my daughter.


1 comment:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete

I really love comments so please leave me some interesting tidbits.